Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Memories of Our Dad (Dan)

Jarom's Memory:
I remember when Dad took me and Jared to drive his mini-excavator...
Dad took me to work with him one time when he was working on a house in Provo. There was a leak in the house so we got to use the mini- excavator! Dad let me drive it and i backed it up and put the bulldozer blade up. I got to scoop it too. It was a lot of fun!
Kara's Memory:
I remember when Dad gave me a black eye...(No, i dont have an abusive dad.)
I was six years old. Dad said i was big enough to go to Seven Peeks with him, Krista, and Jana.
I was excited and scared. I didnt know how to swim. When we first got there Krista and Jana wanted to go down a big slide.
Dad said he would take me down it after them. I was SO scared! Krista and Jana went down and said they would meet us at the bottom. We sat on our tube and waited for the signal to go down. "Lean back when you get to the end." the lady said that worked at the top. WOSH! we went! I screamed most of the way down. When we got towards the end dad said "Lets lean forward." I stupidly agreed. so we leaned. when we got the end the tube went flying over us. Dad reached for me and the tube at the same time. when dad grabed me his hand went POW! He hit me in the eye! When we got out of the pool of water Krista and Jana kept asking me if i was ok, "Sure, i'm fine." i kept saying. we were walking towards the Wave Pool when Krista looked at me and laughed. "Whats so funny?" I asked. "Nice eye." she answered. i touched my swollen eye. i hadnt felt the pain but now i did. Boy, did i have a nice shiner!

No comments: