Monday, September 29, 2008

Another school memory:) by Lucinda

In junior high, I had a group of friends that I hung out with. All but one of the girls was LDS, but most of them were less active or active but not really strong. A few of them didn't use very good language. They noticed that I didn't swear or use vulgar language. I remember one day I walked up to the table where my friends were eating lunch. I heard one of them (Lisa) say, "Here comes Rachel (she didn't like the name Lucinda), don't swear because she doesn't talk like that." I don't know if she knew that I heard her, but it made an impression on me about the importance of example. She had seen what my values were, and she respected me enough that she wouldn't talk vulgar around me. You just never know who is watching you and what impact you have on them.

No comments: